Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Excerpt from letter to brother from Mukinge 2001

Dear Joey,
It was so good to get your mail and to know that two way communication is not just a theoretical event!!
The seasons are cold then dry then rains then warm and dry. We are entering the latter which is from Apr. or May to July, a tropical Autumn…..
(about lecturing)…..However, it is fun to teach people who want to learn (and impossible to teach those who know they are well-informed). I usually start my own talk on infant feeding with the 1749 battle of Culloden (as all really good lectures do, you know), go on to the “Gin Epidemic” and then wing it! …..
Thank you for your prayers and kind words. However I can’t but help thinking that I should have been doing this with the fat of my life rather than the tail. Please keep praying for this mission.
I am well if a trifle punk about the edges at times. Sleeping under mosquito netting takes some getting used to.



Love ya,

W

No comments:

Post a Comment